BA9210 Strategic Management Notes for MBA 3rd Semester BA9210 SM Notes , Lecture Notes
Posted by R.Anirudhan
Anna University Notes for BA9210 Strategic Management is given below for download. BA9210 Strategic Management Notes download for MBA 3rd Semester is provided. Lecture Notes, Subject Notes and Unit Wise Notes for BA9210 Strategic Management is provided. here Content of BA9210 (syllabus ) and also notes for BA9210 SM Notes is given.
Click below to download BA9210 Notes
Content of BA9210 Notes :
BA9210 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
UNIT I STRATEGY AND PROCESS
Conceptual framework for strategic management, the Concept of Strategy and the Strategy
Formation Process – Stakeholders in business – Vision, Mission and Purpose – Business
definition, Objectives and Goals - Corporate Governance and Social responsibility-case study.
UNIT II COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
External Environment - Porter’s Five Forces Model-Strategic Groups Competitive Changes
during Industry Evolution-Globalisation and Industry Structure - National Context and
Competitive advantage Resources- Capabilities and competencies–core competencies-Low
cost and differentiation Generic Building Blocks of Competitive Advantage- Distinctive
Competencies-Resources and Capabilities durability of competitive Advantage- Avoiding
failures and sustaining competitive advantage-Case study.
UNIT III STRATEGIES
The generic strategic alternatives – Stability, Expansion, Retrenchment and Combination
strategies - Business level strategy- Strategy in the Global Environment-Corporate Strategy-
Vertical Integration-Diversification and Strategic Alliances- Building and Restructuring the
corporation- Strategic analysis and choice - Environmental Threat and Opportunity Profile
(ETOP) - Organizational Capability Profile - Strategic Advantage Profile - Corporate Portfolio
Analysis - SWOT Analysis - GAP Analysis - Mc Kinsey's 7s Framework - GE 9 Cell Model -
Distinctive competitiveness - Selection of matrix - Balance Score Card-case study.
UNIT IV STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION & EVALUATION
The implementation process, Resource allocation, Designing organisational structure-Designing
Strategic Control Systems- Matching structure and control to strategy-Implementing Strategic
change-Politics-Power and Conflict-Techniques of strategic evaluation & control-case study.
UNIT V OTHER STRATEGIC ISSUES
Managing Technology and Innovation- Strategic issues for Non Profit organisations. New
Business Models and strategies for Internet Economy-case study
1. Thomas L. Wheelen, J.David Hunger and Krish Rangarajan, Strategic Management and
Business policy, Pearson Education., 2006
2. Charles W.L.Hill & Gareth R.Jones, Strategic Management Theory, An Integrated approach,
Biztantra, Wiley India, 2007.
3. Azhar Kazmi, Strategic Management & Business Policy, Tata McGraw Hill, Third Edition,
1. Fred.R.David, Strategic Management and cases, PHI Learning, 2008.
2. Upendra Hachru , Strategic Management concepts & cases , Excel Books, 2006.
3. Adriau HAberberg and Alison Rieple, Dtrategic Management Theory & Application, Oxford
University Press, 2008.
4. Arnoldo C.Hax and Nicholas S. Majluf, The Strategy Concept and Process – A Pragmatic
Approach, Pearson Education, Second Edition, 2005.
5. Harvard Business Review, Business Policy – part I & II, Harvard Business School.
6. Saloner and Shepard, Podolny, Strategic Management, John Wiley, 2001.
7. Lawerence G. Hrebiniak, Making strategy work, Pearson, 2005.
8. Gupta, Gollakota and Srinivasan, Business Policy and Strategic Management – Concepts
and Application, Prentice Hall of India, 2005.
If you are in need of any more study materials related to this subject , please comment below. we are there to help you .