OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (OOP) ANNA UNIVERSITY QUESTION PAPER NOV/DEC 2011 | OOPS NOV/DEC 2011 MODEL QUESTION PAPER for CSE & IT (3rd sem) ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Common to all B.E./B.Tech. (Except Marine Engineering)
183202 — ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY — II
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 ´ 2 = 20 marks)1. Define a reference electrode.
2. Why is salt bridge used in the construction of a cell?
3. What is electroless plating?
4. What is galvanizing?
5. Explain cracking with one example.
6. What is the significance of flue gas analysis?
7. What is meant by annealing of steel?
8. What is the effect of increasing carbon content in steel?
9. State Lambert’s law.
10. What is meant by the term absorption spectroscopy?
PART B — (5 ´ 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) What is pH? How is pH of an electrolyte determined with hydrogen
(ii) Explain conductometric titration of strong acid with strong base. (8)
Or(b) (i) Derive Nernst’s equation of electrode potential. (8)
(ii) How will you estimate ferrous ion by potentiometrically? (8)
12. (a) (i) Describe galvanic and differential aeration corrosion. (8)
(ii) What is paint? What are the different constituents of a paint and
explain their functions. (8)
Or(b) (i) Discuss the various factors which influence corrosion. (8)
(ii) What are corrosion inhibitors? Classify different types of inhibitors
with examples. (8)
13. (a) (i) Describe proximate analysis. Point out the significances. (8)
(ii) Write note on : (8)
(1) LPG as a fuel.
(2) Recovery of byproducts from Otto-Hoffman method.
Or(b) (i) Distinguish between :
(1) Higher and lower calorific value. (2)
(2) Octane and cetane number. (2)
(3) Low temperature and high temperature carbonisation. (4)
(ii) What is water gas? Give a brief account of its manufacture. (8)
14. (a) (i) With the help of phase rule explain water system. (8)
(ii) Write a note on Gun metal and high phosphorus bronze. (8)
Or(b) (i) Write in detail on :
(1) Stainless steel (8)
(ii) State Phase rule and explain the terms involved in it. (8)
15. (a) (i) Describe the theory of IR spectroscopy. (8)
(ii) Draw the block diagram of spectrophotometer and explain the
function of it. (8)
(b) (i) What is the principle of flame photometry? Draw the block diagram
of flame photometer and explain the function of it. (8)
(ii) How will you estimate iron by colorimetry? (8)