MG2351 Principles of Management Anna University Question Paper May/June 2009 | MG2351 POM Previous Year Question Papers - Anna University for ECE,MECH,CIVIL,AE,AU,EEE, Polymer ...
MG1351 Principles of management – May/June 2009
1. Define management
2. What is meant by espirit de corps?
3. Define Strategies
4. Define planning premises
5. What is SBU?
6. What is span of management?
7. Define motivation
8. What is meant by job enlargement?
9. What is critical point control?
10. Define productivity
(b) Mention the different schools of management. Discuss the contribution of human behavior school.
(b) Distinguish between programme and non programmed decision and discuss the modern approaches to decision making under uncertainty.
13. (a) Define matrix organization. Why matrix organization is used? Discuss the problems with matrix management and guidelines for making matrix management effective.
(b) Analyze the position requirements, important characteristics of job design and characteristics needed by managers.
14. (a) Discuss the various leadership behaviour and styles ranging from maximum to minimum.(OR)
(b) Discuss the maslows need hierarchy theory. Compare and contrast the maslow and herzberg theory of motivation.
15. (a) Explain the traditional and modern technologies of budgeting in detail.
(b) Describe the tools and techniques other than operations research for improving the productivity and discuss the future of operations research.