EE2301 Power Electronics - Anna University Part B important Questions | EE 2301 Important Questions ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
1. Explain Operations of Mosfet and IGBT .(16)
2. Explain various Commutation circuits of SCR (8)
3. Explain turn off and Turn On characteristics of SCR .(16)
4. Explain the switching performance of BJT with relevant waveforms indicating clearly the turn- on, turn-off times and their components. Also define the term SOA (16).
2.Describe the operation of single phase two pulse bridge converter with waveform .(10)
3.Draw thew waveform and explain the single phase half wave controlled rectifier with RL load and freewheeling diodes. (16)
4. Draw thew waveform and explain the single phase half wave controlled rectifier with RLE load and freewheeling diodes. (16)
+ problems (expected)
1. Classify the basic topologies of switching regulators and explain the operation of buck regulators with continuous load current using suitable waveforms.(16)
2. From 4 regulator (bulk,boost,bulk boost, cuk,) -one expected.(16)
3.Discuss on control strategies. (10)
1. Explain Three phase 180* conduction mode or 120* conduction mode .(any one -expected).(16)
2.Describe the working of a 1 phase full bridge inverter supplying R, R.L. loads with relevant circuit and waveforms (16)
3.What is the need for controlling the output voltage of inverters? Classify the various techniques adopted to vary the inverter gain and brief on sinusoidal PWM. (16)
1. Describe the principle of 1 phase to 1 phase step down cyclo-converter with neat sketches and waveforms. -expected (16)
2. Explain the operation of sequence control of AC voltage controllers.(16)
3. Explain the operation of 1_ sinusoidal AC voltage controller with R,RL load.(16)
ALL THE BEST
IANNA UNIVERSITY TEAM.