EE2201 -Electrical Engineering Part A ( 2 Marks) Expected Questions | EE 2201 Part A important Question for ECE -3rd Semester ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
1. What is the purpose of field coil of a dc machine? Where are they located?
2. What are the function of brushes and bearing in a dc machine?
3. What is meant by excitation of dc machine? What are the methods of excitation?
4. What are the necessary conditions for the generators to be self excited?
5. Define critical resistance of a dc generator?
6. What is meant by armature reaction?
7. State the function of no volt coil of the starter?
8. List the different method of speed control of dc shunt motor?
9. List the parts of DC machine.
10. State the functions of commutator in a DC machine.
11. Mention the types of Electric breaking in the DC motor.
12. State two applications of Dc shunt motor and series motor.
13. What is the significance of back emf?
14. List the different variable and constant losses in electrical machine.
15. What is the basic principle of a dc generator?
16. What is a self excited dc machine?
1. What is the function of a transformer?
2. Whet is an ideal transformer?
3. What is the purpose of laminating the core in a transformer?
4. What are the losses in a transformer? How will you minimize them?
5. What is meant by leakage flux?
6. When the load current of a transformer increases how does the input current increases to
meet with the new condition?
7. Define a transformer?
8. Write the name of material used for transformer core?
9. What is step up transformer?
10. How does the change in frequency affect the change in temperature?
11. Write the emf equation of two winding transformer.
12. Write a short note on impedance test.
13. Define a transformer.
14. Why is staggering in the construction of transformer?
15. Mention the properties of oil used in the transformer?
1. Name the speed control methods of induction motor?
2. What are the different types of starters to be used in 3 phase induction motor?
3. Define slip in an induction motor?
4. Why are signal phase motor used?
5. Where are split phase motors used?
6. What are the purposes that could be served by external resistor connected in the rotor Circuit
of phase wound induction motor?
7. Define synchronous watt?
8. Mention the losses that occur in induction motor?
10. What are the classification of single phase induction motor based on the construction and
method of starting?
11. What is the function of capacitor in a single phase induction motor?
12. What is the use of shading coil in the shaded pole motor?
13. Why starter is necessary for 3 phase induction motor?
14. Define slip speed in an induction motor?
15. What are the disadvantages of three phase induction motor?
SYNCHRONOUS AND SPECIAL MACHINES
1).which type of synchronous machine is used with hydraulic turbines? What is their
operating speed range?
2. Why is the field system of an alternator mate as a rotor?
3. Mention the two types of alternator?
4. Define pitch factor and distribution factor as applied to an alternator?
5. Write down any four advantage of short-pitch winding in synchronous machines?
6. What are the factors affecting alternator size?
7. Define voltage regulation of alternator?
8. What is synchronous impedance?
9. What is synchronous reactance?
10. What are the advantages of synchronous motor?
11. Give the advantage of reluctance machines?
12. What is sub-synchronous reluctance motor?
13. What are different types of steeper motor?
14. What is slewing of steeper motor?
15. Write any two application of reluctance motor?
16. Mention two advantages using stepper motor?
17. Mention some of the special features on synchronous machine.
TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
1. Mention the advantages of EHVDC systems?
2. Give the advantages cables compared to overhead transmission lines?
3. Name the types of insulators and its application?
4. What is the level of voltage for (a) generation (b) transmission and (c) distribution?
5. What are the advantages of EHV transmission system?
6. List the various types of cables and the operating voltages for each type?
7. Give some of the transmission voltages used in India?
8. Write some important advantages of dc transmission over ac transmission?
9. Name few insulating materials used in cables?
10. What does a radial feeder mean?
11. Mention the different types of substation and the equipment/apparatus used in substations?
12. What are the constituent sections of the power system?
13. Draw a single line diagram of a modern electric power system?
14. List out different types of HVDC system?
15. What are the major sources of energy used for generation of electric power?
16. State the application of HVDC transmission system?
17. Define SIL?
18. What are ring main systems?
19. What is dielectric stress in a cable?
20. Why alternators are synchronized is power plant?
21. What is the sub transmission network?
22. How cables are classified according to the voltage?
23. List the types of overhead line insulators?