DATA STRUCTURES AND OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN C++ NOV/DEC 2011 QUESTION PAPER for ECE dpt (3rd sem) ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
B.E Electronics and Communications Engineering
147301 — DATA STRUCTURES AND OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 ´ 2 = 20 marks)1. Define encapsulation.
2. What is a default constructor?
3. Write the properties of a static member function.
4. What is an inline function?
5. What are the postfix and prefix forms of the expression? A+B*(C-D)/(P-R)
6. Distinguish between the constraints of shape property and heap property.
7. Define binary tree.
8. What is degree of a graph?
9. What is the objective of bubble sort?
10. How many passes are required for k-way merging?
PART B — (5 ´ 16 = 80 marks)11. (a) (i) Explain the merits and demerits of object oriented paradigm. (6)
(ii) Write a C++ program to define overloaded constructor and to
perform string initialization and string copy. (10)
(b) Illustrate the use of copy constructor and Function overloading with
12. (a) What are the different forms of inheritance supported by C++? Explain
with relevant example code.
(b) Explain the following concepts with example code:
(i) Exception handling mechanism. (8)
(ii) Run-time polymorphism. (8)
13. (a) Write an algorithm and C++ program for inserting and deleting an
element from doubly linked list.
(b) Describe hash function. Explain the concept of Conflict Resolution
Techniques in hashing.
14. (a) Describe an AVL tree. Write the algorithm to perform insertion and
deletion of a node in an AVL tree and justify its worst-case with suitable
(b) Write the Kruskal’s and Prim’s algorithms for computing minimal
15. (a) Write the algorithms of heap sort and bucket sort. Implement the C++
program for heap sort.
(b) (i) Explain Greedy algorithm with an example. (8)
(ii) What is dynamic programming? List its applications and explain
any one. (8)