CS2411 - Operating System Part B Important Questions | CS 2411 OS Part B (16 Marks) Expected Questions ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
CS2411 - Operating Systems
1. Explain how hardware protection can be achieved and discuss in detail the dual mode of operations.
2. Explain in detail any two operating system structures
3. Explain the Types of System Calls in detail
4. List out the services provided by operating system in detail
5. Describe the differences among short-term, medium-term, and long-term scheduling.
1. Explain briefly any four CPU scheduling algorithms with examples
2. Explain Banker's deadlock-avoidance algorithm with an illustration
3. Explain what semaphores are, their usage, implementation given to avoid busy waiting and binary semaphores
4. Define critical section problem and discuss the three requirements that a solution to the critical section problem must satisfy
1. Discuss the following page replacement algorithms, giving a suitable page reference string (i) LRU (ii) FIFO and (iii) Optimal
2. Explain the most commonly used techniques for structuring the page table
3. Explain the concept of demand paging. How can demand paging be implemented with virtual memory?
4. Explain in detail about memory management in linux
1. what are the directory implementation techniques available ?Explain in detail
2. Explain the various directory structure in detail
3. Explain in detail the free space management with neat diagram
4. Explain various file allocation methods in detail.
1. Write short notes on the following (i) I/O Hardware (ii) RAID structure
2. Explain in detail various disk scheduling algorithms with suitable example
3. Explain the services provided by a kernel I/O subsystem
ALL THE BEST