CS2302 - Computer Networks (CN) Part B Expected Questions | CS 2302 Part B (16 Marks) Expected (Important Questions) for CSE - 5th Semester ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
Unit - I
1. Explain ISO/OSI reference model. - EXPECTED
2. Explain error detection and error correction techniques.- EXPECTED
3. Explain the categories of networks. - EXPECTED
4. Explain coaxial cable & fiber optics.
5. Explain line coding (digital to digital conversion).
1. Explain the topologies of the network. - EXPECTED
2. Explain error control mechanism.
3. Explain the flow control mechanism
4. Explain the timers and time registers in FDDI.
5. Explain about Ethernet.
6. Explain the frame format for token ring and token bus.
7. Explain about HDLC.
1. Explain the two approaches of packet switching techniques
2. Explain IP addressing method. - EXPECTED
3. Define routing & explain distance vector routing and link state routing.
4. Define bridge and explain the type of bridges.
5. Explain subnetting - EXPECTED
6. Write short notes about repeaters, routers and gateways.
1. Explain the duties of transport layer.
2. Explain socket in detail.
3. Explain UDP & TCP. - EXPECTED (anyone)
4. Explain about congestion control.
5. Explain leaky bucket and token bucket algorithm
1. Explain the functions of SMTP and HTTP. - EXPECTED ( from 1st & 2nd qns)
2. Write short notes on FTP.
3. Explain the WWW in detail. - EXPECTED
4. Explain the type of encryption/decryption method.
5. Explain about RSA algorithm.
6. Explain about secret key encryption algorithm.
ALL THE BEST