BM2302 DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC EQUIPMENTS-I ANNA UNIVERSITY MODEL QUESTION PAPER for BME - Fifth (5th) semester
Posted by R.Anirudhan
DEPARTMENT OF BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING
Sub Name: Diagnostic & Therapeutic Equipments –I Class / Sem: BME / V
Part - A 10 X 2 = 20
- State Einthoven triangle.
- What is a Cardiac defibrillator? Give the difference between external and internal defibrillators.
- Draw the different types of Brain waves with their frequency ranges.
- What is mean by evoked potentails?
- Define. Latency. How will you measure the conduction velocity in peripheral nerves?
- What is mean by Muscle fatigue?
- What is a Spirometer? and Define.Total Lung Capacity(TLC).
- Define.Pressure and Volume limited ventilators.
- Define.EOG and ERG.
- Define. EGG.
Part - B 5 X 16 = 80
11. (a) Draw and mark the amplitude,time period of Normal ECG waveform. (4)
(b) Explain the different ECG lead configurations. (12)
12. (a) Describe the Cardiac Pacemakers and explain the methods of stimulation. (8)
(b) Explain the functions of a DC defibrillator. (8)
13. With a neat diagram , explain the Multichannel EEG recording system. (16)
14. Write a Short notes on :
(a) MEG. (8)
(b) EEG Biofeedback Instrumentation . (8)
15. Explain the Sliding theory of Muscle Contraction . (16)
16. Describe the following.
(a) Recording of EMG. (8)
(b) Muscle and Nerve stimulators. (8)
17. Explain in detail on “ Instrumentation for Measuring the Mechanics of breathing”. (16)
18.(a)Describe about Whole body Plethysmography. (8)
(b)Describe the Classification of Ventilators and explain detail on Microprocessor controlled Ventilator. (8)
19.Write a short notes on :
(a) ERG and EOG. (8)
(b) GSR Measurement. (8)
20. Explain the basic function of an Audiometer with a suitable block diagram
and Explain its types. (16)