MC9289 SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT Syllabus for 5th Sem MCA - Fifth semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
MC9289 SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT L T P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I BUILDING BLOCKS, PERFORMANCE MEASURES, DECISIONS 9
Building Blocks of a Supply Chain Network – Performance Measures – Decisions in the
Supply Chain World – Models for Supply Chain Decision – Making.
UNIT II SUPPLY CHAIN INVENTORY MANAGEMENT 9
Economic Order Quantity Models – Reorder Point Models – Multichelon Inventory
UNIT III MATHEMATICAL FOUNDATIONS OF SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTIONS 9
Use of Stochastic Models and Combinatorial Optimization in Supply Chain Planning – Supply Chain Facilities Layout – Capacity Planning – Inventory Optimization – Dynamic Routing and Scheduling – Understanding the "internals" of industry best practice solutions.
UNIT IV INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES AND ELECTRONIC
COMMERCE IN SCM 9
Relation to ERP – Eprocurement – ELogistics – Internet Auctions – Emarkets – Electronic business process optimization – Business objects in SCM.
UNIT V CASE STUDIES 9
Digital Equipment Case Study – IBM Case Study.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
1. R.B. Handfield, E.L. Nochols Jr., “Introduction to Supply Chain Management”, Pearson Education, 1999.
2. Sunil Chopra, Peter Meindel, “Supply Chain Management: Strategy, P Planning, and
Operation”, Second Edition, Pearson Education, 2003.
3. Jeremy F. Shapiro, “Modeling the Supply Chain”, Duxbury Thomson Learning, 2001.
4. David Simchi Levi, Philip kaminsky, Edith Simchi Levi, “Designing and Managing the
Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies, and Case Studies”, Irwin McGraw Hill, 2000.
5. W.J. Hopp, M.L. Spearman, “Factory Physics: Foundations of Manufacturing
Management”, Irwin McGraw–Hill, 1996.
6. N. Viswanadham, “Analysis of Manufacturing Enterprises”, Kluwer Academic
7. Sridhar Tayur, Ram Ganeshan, Michael Magazine, “Quantitative Models for Supply
Chain Management”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
8. N. Viswanadham, Y. Narahari, “Performance Modeling of Automated Manufacturing
Systems”, Prentice Hall of India, 1998.