MC9277 SOFTWARE QUALITY MANAGEMENT Syllabus for 5th Sem MCA - Fifth semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
MC9277 SOFTWARE QUALITY MANAGEMENT LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I FUNDAMENTALS OF SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEERING 9
Concepts Of Quality – Hierarchical Modeling – Quality Models – Quality Criteria And Its Interrelation – Fundamentals Of Software Quality Improvement – Concepts Of Quality Improvement – Concepts Of Process Maturity – Improving Process Maturity.
UNIT II DEVELOPMENTS IN MEASURING QUALITY 9
Selecting Quality Goals And Measures – Principles Of Measurement – Measures And Metrics – Quality Function Deployment – Goal/Question/Measure Paradigm – Quality Characteristics Tree – The FURPS Model And FURPS+ – Gilb Approach – Quality Prompts.
UNIT III QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM 9
Elements Of A Quality Engineering Program – Quality Control, Assurance And Engineering – Reliability, Maintainability, Verifiability, Testability, Safety And Supportability – Historical Perspective Elements Of QMS – Human Factors – Time Management – QMS For Software–Quality Assurance – ISO9000 Series–A Generic Quality Management Standard – Tools For Quality.
UNIT IV PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES IN QMS 9
Process–Product–Project–People In Software Development And Management Spectrum
– Principle And Critical Practices In QMS – ISO 9001 And Capability Maturity Models –
Six Sigma, Zero Defects And Statistical Quality Control.
UNIT V MEASURES AND METRICS IN PROCESS AND PROJECT DOMAINS 9
Key Measures For Software Engineers – Defects – Productivity And Quality – Measuring And Improving The Development Process – Assigning Measures To Process Elements And Events – Isikawa Diagrams – Metrics For Software Quality – Integrating Metrics Within Software Engineering Process – Metrics For Small Organizations.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS REFERENCES:
1. Brian Hambling, “Managing Software Quality”, Tata McGraw Hill.
2. Juran. J.M.Frank, M.Gyrna, “Quality Planning and Analysis (from product
developmement through use)”, Tata McGraw Hill.
3. Alcon Gillies, “Software Quality: Theory and Management”, International Thomson, Computer Press 1997.
4. Stephen H.Kan, “Metrics and Models in Software Quality Engineering”, Addison
5. Roger S. Pressman, “Software Engineering - A Practitioner’s Approach”, Fifth
Edition, McGraw Hill, 2001.
6. Humphrey Watts, “Managing the Software Process”, Addison Wesley, 1986.