BA9272 SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Operations Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9272 SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT LTP C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Defining Supply Chain management and logistics management. Evolution. Supply Chain – Fundamentals, , and Importance. Supply chain strategy, Enablers/ Drivers of Supply Chain Performance. Supply Chain relationships
UNIT II LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT 9
Logistics – functions, objectives, solution. Customer Service. Warehousing and Material
Storage, Material Handling, Trasportation and Packaging – 3PL and 4PL.
UNIT III NETWORK DESIGN 9
Distribution Network Design – Role, Factors Influencing, Options, Value Additions. Models for Facility Location and Capacity allocation. Impact of uncertainty on Network Design. Network Design decisions using Decision trees.
UNIT IV SOURCING AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT 9
Sourcing – Make vs buy decision, Creating World Class Supply base, World Wide Sourcing Inventory Management – managing cycle inventory, safety inventory. Value of information, Bullwhip effect, Coordination in supply chain, Analysing impact of supply chain redesign on the inventory
UNIT V CURRENT TRENDS 9
E-Business – Framework and Role of Supply Chain in e- business and b2b practices. Supply Chain IT Framework.E-Supply Chains, E – Logistics- eSRM, eLRM, eSCM, Agile Supply Chains. Reverse Logistics, Global Logistics.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Bowersox Donald J, Logistical Management – The Integrated Supply Chain Process” Tata
McGraw Hill, 2000
2. Sunil Chopra and Peter Meindl, Supply Chain Management-Strategy Planning and
Operation, Prentice Hall, 2007.
1. Donald J. Bowersox, David J. Closs and M. Bixby Cooper, “Supply Chain Logistics
Management”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2008
2. Altekar Rahul V, Supply Chain Management-Concept and Cases, Prentice Hall India, 2005.
3. Joel D. Wisner, G. Keong Leong, Keah-Choon Tan, “Principles of Supply Chain
Management- A Balanced Approach”, South-Western, Cengage Learning 2005
4. Naraya Rangarj, G. Raghuram, Mandyam M. Srinivasan, “Supply Chain Management for
Competitive Advantage – Concepts and Cases”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2009
5. R.P. Mohanty and S.G. Deshmukh, “ Supply Chain Management”, Biztantra, 2005