BA9270 E - COMMERCE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -systems Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9270 E - COMMERCE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO E-COMMERCE 8
Electronic commerce and physical commerce - Economic forces – advantages – myths - business models.
UNIT II TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE 10
Internet and World Wide Web, internet protocols - FTP, intranet and extranet - cryptography, information publishing technology- basics of web server hardware and software.
UNIT III BUSINESS APPLICATIONS 10
Consumer oriented ecommerce – etailing and models - Marketing on web – advertising, e-mail marketing, e-CRM; Business oriented ecommerce – E-Government, EDI on the internet, SCM; Web Auctions, Virtual communities and Web portals
UNIT IV ECOMMERCE PAYMENTS AND SECURITY 9
E payments - Characteristics of payment of systems, protocols, E-cash, E- check and Micro payment systems.
UNIT V LEGAL AND PRIVACY ISSUES IN E- COMMERCE 8
Legal, Ethics and privacy issues – Protection needs and methodology – consumer protection, cyber laws , contracts and warranties . Taxation and encryption policies.
1. Hentry Chan & el , E-Commerce – fundamentals and Applications, Wiley India Pvt Ltd,
2. Gary P. Schneider, Electronic commerce, Thomson course technology, Fourth annual edition, 2007
1. Bharat Bhasker, Electronic Commerce – Frame work technologies and Applications, 3rd
Edition. Tata McGrawHill Publications, 2008.
2. Kamlesh K.Bajaj and Debjani Nag, Ecommerce- the cutting edge of Business, Tata
McGrawHill Publications, 2008
3. Efraim Turban et al, Electronic Commerce –A managerial perspective, Pearson Education
4. Kalakota et al, Frontiers of Electronic Commerce, Addison Wesley, 2004