BA9268 STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Human Resources Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9268 STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT L T P C AND DEVELOPMENT 3 0 0 3
UNIT I HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT 10
Meaning – Strategic framework for HRM and HRD – Vision, Mission and Values – Importance – Challenges to Organisations – HRD Functions - Roles of HRD Professionals - HRD Needs Assessment - HRD practices – Measures of HRD performance – Links to HR, Strategy and Business Goals – HRD Program Implementation and Evaluation – Recent trends – Strategic Capability , Bench Marking and HRD Audit.
UNIT II E-HRM 6 e- Employee profile– e- selection and recruitment - Virtual learning and Orientation – e - training and development – e- Performance management and Compensation design – Development and Implementation of HRIS – Designing HR portals – Issues in employee privacy
– Employee surveys online.
UNIT III CROSS CULTURAL HRM 7
Domestic Vs International HRM - Cultural Dynamics - Culture Assessment - Cross Cultural Education and Training Programs – Leadership and Strategic HR Issues in International Assignments - Current challenges in Outsourcing, Cross border M and A- Repatriation etc - Building Multicultural Organisation - International Compensation.
UNIT IV CAREER & COMPETENCY DEVELOPMENT 10
Career Concepts – Roles – Career stages – Career planning and Process – Career development Models– Career Motivation and Enrichment –Managing Career plateaus- Designing Effective Career Development Systems – Competencies and Career Management – Competency Mapping Models – Equity and Competency based Compensation.
UNIT V EMPLOYEE COACHING & COUNSELING 12
Need for Coaching – Role of HR in coaching – Coaching and Performance – Skills for Effective Coaching – Coaching Effectiveness– Need for Counseling – Role of HR in Counseling - Components of Counseling Programs – Counseling Effectiveness – Employee Health and Welfare Programs – Work Stress – Sources - Consequences – Stress Management Techniques.- Eastern and Western Practices - Self Management and Emotional Intelligence.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Randy L. Desimone, Jon M. Werner – David M. Mathis, Human Resource Development, Cengage Learning, 2007.
2. Jeffrey A Mello, Strategic Human Resource Management, Cengage Learning,
1. Bernadin, Human Resource Management, Tata McGraw Hill, 2006.
2. Robert L. Mathis and John H. Jackson, Human Resource Management, Cengage Learning,
3. Rosemary Harrison, Employee Development – University Press, India Ltd, New Delhi, 2007.
4. Tony Edwards and Chris Rees, International Human Resource Management , Pearson,
5. Chris Brewstes, Paul Sparrow, Guy Vernon, International Human Resource Management , University Press 1st Edition 2008.