BA9263 MANAGERIAL BEHAVIOR AND EFFECTIVENESS Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Human Resources Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9263 MANAGERIAL BEHAVIOR AND EFFECTIVENESS LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I DEFINING THE MANAGERIAL JOB 8
Descriptive Dimensions of Managerial Jobs – Methods – Model – Time Dimensions in Managerial Jobs – Effective and Ineffective Job behaviour – Functional and level differences in Managerial Job behaviour.
UNIT II DESIGNING THE MANAGERIAL JOB 12
Identifying Managerial Talent – Selection and Recruitment – Managerial Skills Development – Pay and Rewards – Managerial Motivation – Effective Management Criteria – Performance Appraisal Measures – Balanced Scorecard - Feedback – Career Management – Current Practices.
UNIT III THE CONCEPT OF MANAGERIAL EFFECTIVENESS 7
Definition – The person, process, product approaches – Bridging the Gap – Measuring Managerial Effectiveness – Current Industrial and Government practices in the Management of Managerial Effectiveness- the Effective Manager as an Optimizer.
UNIT IV ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN MANAGERIAL EFFECTIVENESS 8
Organisational Processes – Organisational Climate – Leader – Group Influences – Job
Challenge – Competition – Managerial Styles.
UNIT V DEVELOPING THE WINNING EDGE 10
Organisational and Managerial Efforts – Self Development – Negotiation Skills – Development of the Competitive Spirit – Knowledge Management – Fostering Creativity and innovation .
TOTAL:45 PERIODS REFERENCES
1. Peter Drucker, Management, Harper Row, 2005.
2. Milkovich and Newman, Compensation, McGraw-Hill International, 2005.
3. Blanchard and Thacker, Effective Training Systems, Strategies and Practices
4. Dubrin, Leadership, Research Findings, Practices & Skills, Biztantra, 2008.
5. Joe Tidd , John Bessant, Keith Pavitt , Managing Innovation ,Wiley 3rd edition,2006.
6. T.V.Rao,Appraising and Developing Managerial Performance, Excel Books,2000.
7. R.M.Omkar, Personality Development and Career Management, S.Chand 1stedition,2008.
8. Richard L.Daft, Leadership, Cengage, 1 st Indian Reprint 2008.