BA9262 STRATEGIC INVESTMENT AND FINANCE DECISIONS Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Finance Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9262 STRATEGIC INVESTMENT AND FINANCE DECISIONS LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INVESTMENT DECISIONS 12
Project Investment Management Vs Project Management – Introduction to profitable projects – evaluation of Investment opportunities – Investment decisions under conditions of uncertainty – Risk analysis in Investment decision – Types of investments and disinvestments.
UNIT II CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF APPRAISAL TECHNIQUES 9
Significance of Information and data bank in project selections – Investment decisions under capital constraints – capital rationing, Portfolio – Portfolio risk and diversified projects.
UNIT III STRATEGIC ANALYSIS OF SELECTED INVESTMENT DECISIONS 9
Lease financing – Lease Vs Buy decision – Hire Purchase and installment decision – Hire
Purchase Vs Lease Decision – Mergers and acquisition – Cash Vs Equity for mergers.
UNIT IV FINANCING DECISIONS 6
Capital Structure – Capital structure theories – Capital structure Planning in Practice.
UNIT V FINANCIAL DISTRESS 9
Consequences, Issues, Bankruptcy, Settlements, reorganization and Liquidation in bankruptcy.
1. Prasanna Chandra, Financial Management, 7th Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2008.
2. Prasanna Chandra, Projects : planning, Analysis, Financing implementation and review, TMH,
New Delhi, 2008
1. Bodie, Kane, Marcus : Investment, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi2002.
2. Brigham E. F & Houston J.F. Financial Management, Thomson Publications, 2003.
3. I. M.Pandey, Financial Management , Vikas Publishing House, 2003.
4. M.Y.Khan and P.K.Jain, Financial Management Text and Problems, Tata McGraw Hill
Publishing Co, 2003.
5. Website of IDBI related to project finance