BA9255 CONSUMER BEHAVIOR Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Marketing Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9255 CONSUMER BEHAVIOR LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Concepts – Significance – Dimensions of Consumer Behavior – Application of knowledge of
Consumer Behaviour in marketing decisions.
UNIT II CONSUMER BEHAVIOR MODELS 9
Industrial and individual consumer behaviour models - Howared- Sheth, Engel – Kollat, Webstar and wind Consumer Behaviour Models – Implications of the models on marketing decisions.
UNIT III INTERNAL INFLUENCES 9
Psychological Influences on consumer behavior – motivation – perception – personality
Learning and Attitude- Self Image and Life styles – Consumer expectation and satisfaction.
UNIT IV EXTERNAL INFLUENCES 9
Socio-Cultural, Cross Culture - Family group – Reference group – Communication -Influences on Consumer behavior
UNIT V PURCHASE DECISION PROCESS 9
High and low involvement - Pre-purchase and post-purchase behavior – Online purchase decision process – Diffusion of Innovation – Managing Dissonance - Emerging Issues – case studies.
1. Jay D. Lindquist and Joseph Sirgy, Shopper, Buyer and Consumer Behavior, Biztranza
2. Paul Peter et al., Consumer Behavior and Marketing Stratergy, Tata McGraw Hill, Indian
Edition, 7th Edition 2005.
1. Leon G.Schiffman and Leslie Lasar Kanuk, Consumer Behavior, Pearson Education, India,
2. David L. Louden and Albert J Della Bitta, Consumer Behavior, McGraw Hill, New Delhi
3. Frank R. Kardes, Consumer Behaviour and Managerial Decision Making, 2nd Edition.
4. Assel, Consumer Behavior - A Strategic Approach, Biztranza, 2008.
5. Sheth Mittal, Consumer Behavior- A Managerial Perspective, Thomson Asia (P) Ltd., 2003.