BA9254 ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Marketing Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9254 ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO ADVERTISEMENT 9
Concept and definition of advertisement – Social, Economic and Legal Implications of advertisements – setting advertisement objectives – Ad. Agencies – Selection and remuneration
– Advertisement campaigns – case studies.
UNIT II ADVERTISEMENT MEDIA 9
Media plan – Type and choice criteria – Reach and frequency of advertisements – Cost of advertisements - related to sales – Media strategy and scheduling.
UNIT III DESIGN AND EXECUTION OF ADVERTISEMENTS 9
Message development – Different types of advertisements – Layout – Design appeal – Copy structure – Advertisement production – Print – Radio. T.V. and Web advertisements – Media Research – Testing validity and Reliability of ads – Measuring impact of advertisements – case studies.
UNIT IV INTRODUCTION TO SALES PROMOTION 9
Scope and role of sale promotion – Definition – Objectives of sales promotion - sales promotion techniques – Trade oriented and consumer oriented.
UNIT V SALES PROMOTION CAMPAIGN 9
Sales promotion – Requirement identification – Designing of sales promotion campaign – Involvement of salesmen and dealers – Out sourcing sales promotion national and international promotion strategies – Integrated promotion – Coordination within the various promotion techniques – Online sales promotions- case studies.
1. Wells, Moriarty & Burnett, Advertising, Principles & Practice, Pearson Education
7th Edition, 2007.
2. Kenneth Clow. Donald Baack, Integrated Advertisements, Promotion and Marketing communication, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2003.
1. S. H. H. Kazmi and Satish K Batra, Advertising & Sales Promotion, Excel Books, New Delhi,
2. George E Belch and Michel A Belch, Advertising & Promotion, McGraw Hill, Singapore,
3. Julian Cummings, Sales Promotion, Kogan Page, London 1998.
4. E.Betch and Michael, Advertising and Promotion, McGraw Hill, 2003.
5. Jaishri Jefhwaney, Advertising Management, Oxford, 2008.