BA9253 SERVICES MARKETING Syllabus for 3rd Sem MBA -Marketing Elective-Third semester - Regulation 2009 - Anna University
BA9253 SERVICES MARKETING LT P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Definition – Service Economy – Evolution and growth of service sector – Nature and Scope of
Services – Unique characteristics of services - Challenges and issues in Services Marketing.
UNIT II SERVICE MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES 9
Assessing service market potential - Classification of services – Expanded marketing mix – Service marketing – Environment and trends – Service market segmentation, targeting and positioning.
UNIT III SERVICE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT 9
Service Life Cycle – New service development – Service Blue Printing – GAP’s model of service quality – Measuring service quality – SERVQUAL – Service Quality function development.
UNIT IV SERVICE DELIVERY AND PROMOTION 9
Positioning of services – Designing service delivery System, Service Channel – Pricing of services, methods – Service marketing triangle - Integrated Service marketing communication.
UNIT V SERVICE STRATEGIES 9
Service Marketing Strategies for health – Hospitality – Tourism – Financial – Logistics - Educational – Entertainment & public utility Information technique Services – case studies
1. Chiristropher H.Lovelock and Jochen Wirtz, Services Marketing, Pearson Education, New
2. Hoffman, Marketing of Services, Cengage Learning, 1st Edition, 2008.
1. K. Douglas Hoffman et al, Essentials of Service Marketing : Concepts, Strategies and
Cases, Thomson Learning, 2nd Edition.
2. Kenneth E Clow, et al, Services Marketing Operation Management and Strategy, Biztantra, 2nd Edition, New Delhi, 2004.
3. Halen Woodroffe, Services Marketing, McMillan, 2003.
4. Valarie Zeithaml et al, Services Marketing, 5th International Edition, 2007.
5. Christian Gronroos, Services Management and Marketing a CRM Approach, John Wiley,