IT2351 NETWORK PROGRAMMING AND MANAGEMENT ANNA UNIVERSITY QUESTION PAPER NOV/DEC 2011 ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Computer Science and Engineering
IT 2351 — NETWORK PROGRAMMING AND MANAGEMENT
(Common to Sixth Semester – Information Technology)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. What is Socket?
2. Define well-known port.
3. List the steps to create TCP echo server.
4. List the exceptions in Select function.
5. Describe SO_KEEPALIVE.
6. What are the alternatives for DNS?
7. Define mutex.
8. List any two differences between ping and trace route program.
9. State the goal of RMON.
10. What are the key capabilities of SNMP?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Draw a TCP socket flow diagram and explain the functions. (16)
(b) Explain the following in detail :
(i) Iterative server (8)
(ii) Concurrent server. (8)
12. (a) Write down the Pseudo code for TCP echo Server and echo Client. (16)
(b) Briefly describe the following :
(i) Server process crashes (4)
(ii) Server host crashes (4)
(iii) Server host crashes and reboots (4)
(iv) Server shutdown. (4)
13. (a) Write down the program for UDP echo Server and echo Client. (16)
(b) Describe the functions and main components of DNS. (16)
14. (a) Explain IPv4 and IPv6 interpretability with neat sketch. (16)
(b) Explain the implementation of a trace route program in detail. (16)
15. (a) Explain the SNMPV1 protocol and the practical issue in detail. (16)
(b) Define and explain MIB-II in detail. (16)