HIGH SPEED NETWORKS - Question Paper ANNA UNIVERSITY NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011 ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
CS2060 — HIGH SPEED NETWORKS
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. List and explain the types of frame relay messages.
2. Give some examples of ATM applications.
3. State the key characteristics to be considered for deriving the analytic
equations for the queuing model.
4. What are meant by choke packets?
5. What is meant by a credit allocation scheme?
6. List and explain the mechanism available for supporting rate guarantees
in an ATM GFR service.
7. List some requirements for inelastic traffic.
8. State and explain the types of PHBs for differentiated services.
9. List the various reservation attributes and styles of the RSV Protocol in
10. What is meant be traffic engineering?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) With a neat sketch explain the various fields of an ATM cell. (10)
(ii) Discuss the various non real time ATM services. (6)
(b) (i) Explain the fiber channel protocol architecture in detail. (8)
(ii) Give the requirements of wireless LAN in detail. (8)
12. (a) (i) Describe the single server queuing model with its structures
and parameters. (10)
(ii) Explain the Kendall’s notation and the common distributions
for the queuing model. (6)
(b) (i) Explain in detail the explicit and implicit congestion signaling.(8)
(ii) List and explain the frame relay congestion control techniques.(8)
13. (a) (i) Describe the TCP implementation policy details. (8)
(ii) List and explain the categories of switch algorithms used for ATM congestion control and fair capacity allocation. (8)
(b) Discuss in detail the ways in which TCP deals with the calculation of retransmission timers. (16)
14. (a) (i) Explain the Integrated services architecture and the QoS support functions. (8)
(ii) List and explain the various categories of Integrated services Architecture. (8)
(b) Explain the Random Early Detection. (16)
15. (a) Explain the design goals and characteristics of the Resource reservation protocol in detail. (16).
(b) Explain the RTProtocol architecture and draw its header format. (16).