CS2402 Mobile and Pervasive Computing Anna University question paper NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2008 for IT 7th Semester ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E. / B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2008
IT1402 – MOBILE COMPUTING
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A – (10 x 2=20 marks)
1. Differentiate analog modulation and digital modulation.
2. How are guard spaces realized between users in CDMA?
3. What are the general problems of satellite signals travelling from a satellite to
4. Differentiate symmetrical and asymmetrical communication system.
5. What is HIPERLAN?
6. How is mobility restricted using WLANS?
7. What could be quick ‘solutions’ and why don’t they work?
8. What advantages does the use of IPV 6 offer for mobility?
9. Write the advantages and disadvantages of mobile TCP.
10. Define fast retransmit.
PART B – (5 x 16 = 80 marks)
(b) Explain the following :
12. (a) Explain the functional architecture of a GSM system.
(b) Discuss about digital video broadcasting.
13. (a) Explain the concept of blue tooth architecture.
(b) Explain the concept of IEEE 802.11 medium access control layer.
14. (a) Explain the following :
(i) DSDV [Marks 8]
(ii) Ad-hoc DSR. [Marks 8]
(b) Discuss about tunneling and encapsulation mechanism and reverse tunneling.
15. (a) Explain and detail about traditional TCP.
(b) (i) Briefly explain about indirect and snooping TCP. [Marks 8]
(ii) Briefly discuss about WAP.[Marks 8]