CS2401 COMPUTER GRAPHICS (CG) PREVIOUS YEAR ANNA UNIVERSITY QUESTION PAPER , AU question Paper 2011 (common for CSE and IT departments)
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2401 — COMPUTER GRAPHICS
(Common to Information Technology)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. Write down any two line attributes.
2. Differentiate window and viewport.
3. What are spline curves?
4. Define quadric surfaces.
5. What is animation?
6. Define keyframes.
7. What do you mean by shading of objects?
8. What is texture?
9. Define fractals.
10. Differentiate Mandelbrot and Julia sets.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Write down and explain the midpoint circle drawing algorithm. Assume 10 cm as the radius and co-ordinate origin as the centre of the circle.
(b) Explain in detail the Cohen-Sutherland line clipping algorithm with an example.
12. (a) Differentiate parallel and perspective projections and derive their projection matrices.
(b) With suitable examples, explain all 3D transformations.
13. (a) Write notes on RGB and HSV color models.
(b) Discuss the following:
(i) Methods to draw 3D objects. (8)
(ii) Basic OPENGL operations. (8)
14. (a) Explain the following:
(i) Adding texture to faces. (8)
(ii) Adding shadows of objects. (8)
(b) Write down and explain the details to build a camera in a program.
15. (a) Write notes on Peano curves.
(b) Write about random fractals in detail.