CS2305 PROGRAMMING PARADIGMS PREVIOUS YEAR ANNA UNIV QUESTION PAPER NOV/DEC 2011 , AU question Paper 2011 foe CSE department
Posted by R. Anirudhan
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2305 — PROGRAMMING PARADIGMS
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define class.
2. List any four Java Doc comments.
3. Define Inheritance Hierarchy.
4. What is Interface?
5. How are frames created in Java?
6. Give the value for the following predefined actions.
(a) SMALL-ICON (b) MNEMONIC-KEY
7. Write about simple generic class with an example.
8. What are Assertions?
9. What do you mean by Threads in Java?
10. What is multithreading.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) Explain what is OOPS and explain the features of OOPS. (8)
(ii) Discuss about the usage of constructor with an example. Using Java. (8)
(b) (i) Explain any four string operations in Java. With suitable examples. (8)
(ii) Define package. Explain the types of package with its importance. (8)
12. (a) (i) Explain the concept of inheritance with suitable example. With Java. (8)
(ii) Explain the concept of polymorphism with a example. (8)
(b) (i) What is meant by object cloning? Explain it with an example. (8)
(ii) Discuss in detail about inner class, with its usefullness. (8)
13. (a) (i) Explain how colour is used in Graphics programming. (8)
(ii) Explain the usage of special fonts for text in Graphics programming. (8)
(b) (i) Explain the following in detail Model, view and controller design
pattern. w.r.t. Swing in Java. (8)
(ii) Write in detail about button and text string components. (8)
14. (a) (i) Discuss about translating generic expressions and calling legacy code. (8)
(ii) Explain the concept of Generic Type Information in Virtual Machine. (8)
(b) (i) Define Exception and explain its different types. With appropriate examples using Java. (8)
(ii) What are stack trace Elements? Explain. (8)
15. (a) (i) Explain how threads are created in Java. (8)
(ii) Write about various threads states in Java. (8)
(b) (i) Explain synchronization in detail. (6)
(ii) Write a Java program to illustrate multithreaded programming. (10)