CE 2204 – SURVEYING Anna University Previous Year Question paper ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
7Reg. No. :
Question Paper Code : T3022
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2009
CE 2204 — SURVEYING — I (Regulation 2008)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What are arrows?
2. What is plumb BOB?
3. What is magnetic meridian?
4. What is whole circle bearing?
5. What is foresight?
6. What is backsight?
7. What is centring of a theodolite?
8. What is face right observation?
9. What is tangent length in a simple curve?
10. What is mid-ordinate in a simple curve?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain the method of direct ranging in detail.
(b) Explain the method of reciprocal ranging in detail.
12. (a) Discuss the working principle of prismatic compass in detail.
(b) Explain the two point proble method of plane table surveying.
13. (a) Explain the method of profile levelling.
(b) Describe the three indirect methods of locating contours.
14. (a) Describe the essential parts of a transit theodolite.
(b) Discuss the temporary adjustments of a transit theodolite.
15. (a) Explain the setting out of a simple curve by the Rankine’s method of tangential angle.
(b) Explain the setting out of a simple curve by two theodolite method.
2 T 3022