CE 2203 – CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES Anna University Previous Year Question Paper for CIVIL ENGINEERING 3rd Semester ...
posted by R.Anirudhan
Reg. No. :
Question Paper Code : T3021
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2009
CE 2203 — CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES, EQUIPMENT AND PRACTICES (Regulation 2008)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. State the importance of water cement ratio.
2. What are the tests to be conducted on fresh concrete?
3. How are bond stones placed in stone masonry?
4. What is ‘slip form’?
5. Differentiate cofferdam from caisson.
6. What do you understand about diaphragm walls?
7. What is meant by articulated structures?
8. Distinguish between space decks and bridge decks.
9. What is mucking?
10. What do you understand about truck agitators?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
Write down the complete procedure of mix design as per BIS.
Explain the method of conducting different non-destructive tests on
Enumerate the procedure of constructing the following types of floorings :
(i) Terrazzo Flooring. (ii) Tiled Flooring.
(iii) PVC Flooring.
(iv) Asphalt Flooring.
(b) Bring out the general principles and factors in acoustical design of a hall.
13. (a) Explain the methods of dewatering the foundation trenches.
(b) What is pneumatic caisson? Where is it adopted? How is it constructed?
14. (a) Illustrate about the support structures for heavy equipments and conveyors.
(b) Describe the merits and demerits of various types of shells.
15. (a) Discuss the different compactors in detail.
(b) What are the different types of cranes? Explain the types in detail.
2 T 3021