CS2302 COMPUTER NETWORKS Anna University NOV/DEC 2010 Question Paper for CSE & IT Department , CN Question Paper NOV/DEC 2010 ...
Posted by R.Anirudhan
B.E/B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION,NOV/DEC 2010
Computer Science Engineering
CS 2302 - COMPUTER NETWORKS
(common to Information Technology)
Time:Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer All Question
Part-A - (10 * 2=20 Marks)
1. What are the two types of line configuration?
2. What do you mean by error control?
3. What are the functions of Bridges?
4. What is the advantage of FDDI over a basic Token Ring?
5. What is meant by circuit switching?
6. What is multicasting?
7. What is the function of a router?
8. What are the advantage of using UDP over TCP?
9. What is SMTP?
10. What is PGP?
Part-B -(5 * 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain in detail the error detection and error corrections.
(b) Discuss in detail about the layers of OSI model.
12. (a) Name the four basic network topologies and explain them giving all the relevant features.
(b) Explain the functioning of wireless LAN in detail.
13. (a) write notes on the following:
(i) Internet Protocol
(b) Discuss in detail the various aspects of IPv6.
14. (a) With neat architecture,explain TCP in detail.
(b) Explain adaptive flow control in detail and its uses.
15. (a) Explain the SMTP and HTTP.give their uses,state strengths and weaknesses.
(b) Explain the role of a DNS on a computer network.