ME2307 DYNAMICS LAB MANUAL | for MECH - V semester | by R.Anirudhan
download link : "ME2307 lab manual"
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS 1. a) Study of gear parameters.
b) Experimental study of velocity ratios of simple, compound, Epicyclic and
differential gear trains.
2. a) Kinematics of Four Bar, Slider Crank, Crank Rocker, Double crank, Double
rocker, Oscillating cylinder Mechanisms.
b) Kinematics of single and double universal joints.
3. a) Determination of Mass moment of inertia of Fly wheel and Axle system.
b) Determination of Mass Moment of Inertia of axisymmetric bodies using Turn
c) Determination of Mass Moment of Inertia using bifilar suspension and compound
4. Motorized gyroscope – Study of gyroscopic effect and couple.
5. Governor - Determination of range sensitivity, effort etc., for Watts, Porter, Proell,
and Hartnell Governors.
6. Cams – Cam profile drawing, Motion curves and study of jump phenomenon
7. a) Single degree of freedom Spring Mass System – Determination of natural
Frequency and verification of Laws of springs – Damping coefficient
b) Multi degree freedom suspension system – Determination of influence coefficient.
8. a) Determination of torsional natural frequency of single and Double Rotor systems.-
Undamped and Damped Natural frequencies.
b) Vibration Absorber – Tuned vibration absorber.
9. Vibration of Equivalent Spring mass system – undamped and damped vibration.
10. Whirling of shafts – Determination of critical speeds of shafts with concentrated
11. a). Balancing of rotating masses. (b) Balancing of reciprocating masses.
12. a) Transverse vibration of Free-Free beam – with and without concentrated masses.
b) Forced Vibration of Cantilever beam – Mode shapes and natural frequencies.
c) Determination of transmissibility ratio using vibrating table.
Students should be familiar with the use of the following device/equipments depending
Tachometers – Contact and non contact
Accelerometers – Vibration pickups
F.F.T. Analyzer, and (9) Dynamic Balancing Machine.