Sunday, June 24, 2012
ME2305 APPLIED HYDRAULICS AND PNEUMATICS Syllabus for Mechanical Fifth(5th) Semester - Anna University
ME2305 APPLIED HYDRAULICS AND PNEUMATICS L T P C
3 0 0 3
· To know the advantages and applications of Fluid Power Engineering and Power
· To learn the Applications of Fluid Power System in automation of Machine Tools and others Equipments.
UNIT I FLUID POWER SYSTEMS AND FUNDAMENTALS 9
Introduction to fluid power, Advantages of fluid power, Application of fluid power system. Types of fluid power systems, Properties of hydraulic fluids – General types of fluids – Fluid power symbols. Basics of Hydraulics-Applications of Pascals Law- Laminar and Turbulent flow – Reynold’s number – Darcy’s equation – Losses in pipe, valves and fittings.
UNIT II HYDRAULIC SYSTEM & COMPONENTS 9
Sources of Hydraulic Power: Pumping theory – Pump classification – Gear pump, Vane Pump, piston pump, construction and working of pumps – pump performance – Variable displacement pumps. Fluid Power Actuators: Linear hydraulic actuators – Types of hydraulic cylinders – Single acting, Double acting special cylinders like tanden, Rodless, Telescopic, Cushioning mechanism, Construction of double acting cylinder, Rotary actuators – Fluid motors, Gear, Vane and Piston motors.
UNIT III DESIGN OF HYDRAULIC CIRCUITS 9
Construction of Control Components : Directional control valve – 3/2 way valve – 4/2 way valve – Shuttle valve – check valve – pressure control valve – pressure reducing valve, sequence valve, Flow control valve – Fixed and adjustable, electrical control solenoid valves, Relays, ladder diagram. Accumulators and Intensifiers: Types of accumulators – Accumulators circuits, sizing of accumulators, intensifier – Applications of Intensifier – Intensifier circuit.
UNIT IV PNEUMATIC SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS 9
Pneumatic Components: Properties of air – Compressors – Filter, Regulator, Lubricator Unit – Air control valves, Quick exhaust valves, pneumatic actuators. Fluid Power Circuit Design, Speed control circuits, synchronizing circuit, Penumo hydraulic circuit, Sequential circuit design for simple applications using cascade method.
UNIT V DESIGN OF PNEUMATIC CIRCUITS 9
Servo systems – Hydro Mechanical servo systems, Electro hydraulic servo systems and proportional valves. Fluidics – Introduction to fluidic devices, simple circuits, Introduction to Electro Hydraulic Pneumatic logic circuits, ladder diagrams, PLC applications in fluid power control. Fluid power circuits; failure and troubleshooting.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Anthony Esposito, “Fluid Power with Applications”, Pearson Education 2005.
2. Majumdar S.R., “Oil Hydraulics Systems- Principles and Maintenance”, Tata
1. Srinivasan.R, “Hydraulic and Pneumatic controls”, Vijay Nicole, 2006.
2. Shanmugasundaram.K, “Hydraulic and Pneumatic controls”, Chand & Co, 2006.
3. Majumdar S.R., “Pneumatic systems – Principles and maintenance”, Tata McGraw
4. Anthony Lal, “Oil hydraulics in the service of industry”, Allied publishers, 1982.
5. Harry L. Stevart D.B, “Practical guide to fluid power”, Taraoeala sons and Port Ltd.
7. Michael J, Prinches and Ashby J. G, “Power Hydraulics”, Prentice Hall, 1989.
8. Dudelyt, A. Pease and John T. Pippenger, “Basic Fluid Power”, Prentice Hall, 1987.
Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Timetable Result
To get instant updates like us in Facebook