ME2155 COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING AND MODELING LABORATORY MANUAL | for MECH - II semester | by R.Anirudhan
download link : "ME2155 lab manual"
List of Exercises using software capable of Drafting and Modeling
1. Study of capabilities of software for Drafting and Modeling – Coordinate systems
(absolute, relative, polar, etc.) – Creation of simple figures like polygon and general
2. Drawing of a Title Block with necessary text and projection symbol.
3. Drawing of curves like parabola, spiral, involute using Bspline or cubic spline.
4. Drawing of front view and top view of simple solids like prism, pyramid, cylinder,
cone, etc, and dimensioning.
5. Drawing front view, top view and side view of objects from the given pictorial views
(eg. V-block, Base of a mixie, Simple stool, Objects with hole and curves).
6. Drawing of a plan of residential building ( Two bed rooms, kitchen, hall, etc.)
7. Drawing of a simple steel truss.
8. Drawing sectional views of prism, pyramid, cylinder, cone, etc,
9. Drawing isometric projection of simple objects.
10. Creation of 3-D models of simple objects and obtaining 2-D multi-view drawings from
Note: Plotting of drawings must be made for each exercise and attached to the
records written by students.