Sunday, June 24, 2012
ME2027 PROCESS PLANNING AND COST ESTIMATION Syllabus for Mechanical Seventh(7th) Semester - Anna University
PROCESS PLANNING AND COST ESTIMATION
L T P C
(COMMON TO MECHANICAL AND PRODUCTION)
3 0 0 3
· To introduce the process planning concepts To make cost estimation for various
products after process planning
UNIT I WORK STUDY AND ERGONOMICS 10
Method study – Definition – Objectives-Motion economy- Principles – Tools and Techniques-Applications – Work measurements- purpose – use – procedure – tools and techniques- Standard time –Ergonomics – principles – applications.
UNIT II PROCESS PLANNING 10
Definition – Objective – Scope – approaches to process planning- Process planning activities – Finished part requirements- operating sequences- machine selection – material selection parameters- Set of documents for process planning- Developing manufacturing logic and knowledge- production time calculation – selection of cost optimal processes.
UNIT III INTRODUCTION TO COST ESTIMATION 7
Objective of cost estimation- costing – cost accounting- classification of cost- Elements of cost.
UNIT IV COST ESTIMATION 8
Types of estimates – methods of estimates – data requirements and sources- collection of cost- allowances in estimation.
UNIT V PRODUCTION COST ESTIMATION 10
Estimation of material cost, labour cost and over heads, allocation of overheads – Estimation for different types of jobs.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Sinha.B.P., "Mechanical Estimating and Costing", Tata McGraw-Hill, Publishing Co.,
1. Phillip.F Ostwalal and Jairo Munez, "Manufacturing Processes and systems", John
Wiley, 9th Edition, 1998
2. Russell.R.S and Tailor, B.W, "Operations Management", PHI, 4th Edition, 2003.
3. Chitale.A.V. and Gupta.R.C., "Product Design and Manufacturing", PHI, 2nd Edition,
Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Timetable Result
To get instant updates like us in Facebook