ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI
R - 2008
B.E. CIVIL ENGINEERING
GE2321 COMMUNICATION SKILLS LABORATORY
1. A batch of 60 / 120 students is divided into two groups – one group for the PC- based session and the other group for the Class room session.
2. The English Lab (2 Periods) will be handled by a faculty member of the English Department. The Career Lab (2 Periods) may be handled by any competent teacher, not necessarily from English Department
3. Record Notebook: At the end of each session of English Lab, review exercises are given for the students to answer and the computer evaluated sheets are to be compiled as record notebook. Similar exercises for the career lab are to be compiled in the record notebook.
4. Internal Assessment: The 15 marks (the other 5 marks for attendance) allotted for the internal assessment will be based on the record notebook compiled by the candidate.
10 marks may be allotted for English Lab component and 5 marks for the Career Lab component.
5. End semester Examination: The end-semester examination carries 40% weightage for
English Lab and 60% weightage for Career Lab.
Each candidate will have separate sets of questions assigned by the teacher using the teacher-console enabling PC–based evaluation for the 40% of marks allotted.
The Career Lab component will be evaluated for a maximum of 60% by a local examiner
& an external examiner drafted from other Institutions, similar to any other lab examination conducted by Anna University.