EE2305 ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY II
To expose the students to the operation of synchronous machines and induction motors and give
them experimental skill.
1. Regulation of three phase alternator by emf and mmf methods.
2. Regulation of three phase alternator by ZPF and ASA methods.
3. Regulation of three phase salient pole alternator by slip test.
4. Measurements of negative sequence and zero sequence impedance of alternators.
5. V and Inverted V curves of Three Phase Synchronous Motor.
6. Load test on three-phase induction motor.
7. No load and blocked rotor test on three-phase induction motor.
8. Separation of No-load losses of three-phase induction motor.
9. Load test on single-phase induction motor.
10. No load and blocked rotor test on single-phase induction motor.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
REQUIREMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTSS.No. Description of Equipment Quantity
1. DC shunt motor coupled three phase alternator 2
2. Synchronous motor coupled to DC motor 1
3. Three phase induction motors –
4. DC Shunt motor coupled salient pole three phase
5. Single phase induction motors 2
6. Air core inductor to do ZPF 1
Three phase induction motor starters
Single phase induction motor starters
9. Single phase auto transformer 2
10. Three phase auto transformer 4
11. Rheostats of various range 30
12. DC panel boards (220V, 36V) 1 each
13. AC panel board 1
14. Work tables 12