Monday, June 18, 2012
EE2023 ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION Syllabus | EEE | Anna University | Regulation 2008 | (Applicable to the students admitted from the Academic year 2008 – 2009 onwards)
EE2023 ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION L T P C
3 0 0 3
To provide comprehensive knowledge of robotics in the design, analysis and control point of view.
i. To study the various parts of robots and fields of robotics.
ii. To study the various kinematics and inverse kinematics of robots.
iii. To study the Euler, Lagrangian formulation of Robot dynamics.
iv. To study the trajectory planning for robot.
v. To study the control of robots for some specific applications.
UNIT I BASIC CONCEPTS 9
Definition and origin of robotics – different types of robotics – various generations of robots –
degrees of freedom – Asimov’s laws of robotics – dynamic stabilization of robots.
UNIT II POWER SOURCES AND SENSORS 9
Hydraulic, pneumatic and electric drives – determination of HP of motor and gearing ratio – variable
speed arrangements – path determination – micro machines in robotics – machine vision – ranging –
laser – acoustic – magnetic, fiber optic and tactile sensors.
UNIT III MANIPULATORS, ACTUATORS AND GRIPPERS 9
Construction of manipulators – manipulator dynamics and force control – electronic and pneumatic
manipulator control circuits – end effectors – U various types of grippers – design considerations.
UNIT IV KINEMATICS AND PATH PLANNING 9
Solution of inverse kinematics problem – multiple solution jacobian work envelop – hill climbing
techniques – robot programming languages
UNIT V CASE STUDIES 9
Mutiple robots – machine interface – robots in manufacturing and non- manufacturing applications –
robot cell design – selection of robot.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
1. Mikell P. Weiss G.M., Nagel R.N., Odraj N.G., Industrial Robotics, McGraw-Hill Singapore, 1996.
2. Ghosh, Control in Robotics and Automation: Sensor Based Integration, Allied Publishers,
1. Deb.S.R., Robotics technology and flexible Automation, John Wiley, USA 1992.
2. Asfahl C.R., Robots and manufacturing Automation, John Wiley, USA 1992.
3. Klafter R.D., Chimielewski T.A., Negin M., Robotic Engineering – An integrated approach,
Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 1994.
4. Mc Kerrow P.J. Introduction to Robotics, Addison Wesley, USA, 1991.
5. Issac Asimov I Robot, Ballantine Books, New York, 1986.
Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Timetable Result
To get instant updates like us in Facebook