Tuesday, June 19, 2012
EC 2204 SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS L T P C
3 1 0 4
To study and analyse characteristics of continuous, discrete signals and systems.
To study the properties and representation of discrete and continuous signals.
To study the sampling process and analysis of discrete systems using z-transforms.
To study the analysis and synthesis of discrete time systems.
UNIT I CLASSIFICATION OF SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS 9
Continuous time signals (CT signals), discrete time signals (DT signals) - Step, Ramp,
Pulse, Impulse, Exponential, Classification of CT and DT signals - periodic and periodic,
random singals, CT systems and DT systems, Basic properties of systems - Linear Time
invariant Systems and properties.
UNIT II ANALYSIS OF CONTINUOUS TIME SIGNALS 9
Fourier series analysis, Spectrum of C.T. singals, Fourier Transform and Laplace
Transform in Signal Analysis.
UNIT III LINEAR TIME INVARIANT –CONTINUOUS TIME SYSTEMS 9
Differential equation, Block diagram representation, Impulse response, Convolution
integral, frequency response , Fourier and Laplace transforms in analysis, State variable
equations and matrix representation of systems
UNIT IV ANALYSIS OF DISCRETE TIME SIGNALS 9
Sampling of CT signals and aliasing, DTFT and properties, Z-transform and properties of
UNIT V LINEAR TIME INVARIANT - DISCRETE TIME SYSTEMS 9
Difference equations, Block diagram representation, Impulse response, Convolution
sum,LTI systems analysis using DTFT and Z-transforms , State variable equations and
matrix representation of systems.
TOTAL : 45 + 15 = 60 PERIODS
1. Allan V.Oppenheim, S.Wilsky and S.H.Nawab, Signals and Systems, Pearson
2. Edward W Kamen & Bonnie’s Heck, “Fundamentals of Signals and Systems”,
Pearson Education, 2007.
1. H P Hsu, Rakesh Ranjan“ Signals and Systems”, Schaum’s Outlines, Tata McGraw
Hill, Indian Reprint, 2007
2. S.Salivahanan, A. Vallavaraj, C. Gnanapriya, Digital Signal Processing, McGraw Hill
3. Simon Haykins and Barry Van Veen, Signals and Systems John Wiley & sons , Inc,
4. Robert A. Gabel and Richard A.Roberts, Signals & Linear Systems, John Wiley,
III edition, 1987.
5. Rodger E. Ziemer, William H. Tranter, D. Ronald Fannin. Signals & systems, Fourth
Edition, Pearson Education, 2002.
Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Timetable Result
To get instant updates like us in Facebook