Friday, June 22, 2012
CS2032 DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING L T P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I DATA WAREHOUSING 10
Data warehousing Components –Building a Data warehouse –- Mapping the Data Warehouse to a Multiprocessor Architecture – DBMS Schemas for Decision Support – Data Extraction, Cleanup, and Transformation Tools –Metadata.
UNIT II BUSINESS ANALYSIS 8
Reporting and Query tools and Applications – Tool Categories – The Need for Applications – Cognos Impromptu – Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) – Need – Multidimensional Data Model – OLAP Guidelines – Multidimensional versus Multirelational OLAP – Categories of Tools – OLAP Tools and the Internet.
UNIT III DATA MINING 8
Introduction – Data – Types of Data – Data Mining Functionalities – Interestingness of Patterns – Classification of Data Mining Systems – Data Mining Task Primitives – Integration of a Data Mining System with a Data Warehouse – Issues –Data Preprocessing.
UNIT IV ASSOCIATION RULE MINING AND CLASSIFICATION 11
Mining Frequent Patterns, Associations and Correlations – Mining Methods – Mining Various Kinds of Association Rules – Correlation Analysis – Constraint Based Association Mining – Classification and Prediction - Basic Concepts - Decision Tree Induction - Bayesian Classification – Rule Based Classification – Classification by Backpropagation – Support Vector Machines – Associative Classification – Lazy Learners – Other Classification Methods - Prediction
UNIT V CLUSTERING AND APPLICATIONS AND TRENDS IN DATA MINING 8
Cluster Analysis - Types of Data – Categorization of Major Clustering Methods - K- means – Partitioning Methods – Hierarchical Methods - Density-Based Methods –Grid Based Methods – Model-Based Clustering Methods – Clustering High Dimensional Data
- Constraint – Based Cluster Analysis – Outlier Analysis – Data Mining Applications.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Alex Berson and Stephen J. Smith, “ Data Warehousing, Data Mining & OLAP”, Tata
McGraw – Hill Edition, Tenth Reprint 2007.
2. Jiawei Han and Micheline Kamber, “Data Mining Concepts and Techniques”, Second
Edition, Elsevier, 2007.
1. Pang-Ning Tan, Michael Steinbach and Vipin Kumar, “ Introduction To Data Mining”, Person Education, 2007.
2. K.P. Soman, Shyam Diwakar and V. Ajay “, Insight into Data mining Theory and
Practice”, Easter Economy Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2006.
3. G. K. Gupta, “ Introduction to Data Mining with Case Studies”, Easter Economy
Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2006.
4. Daniel T.Larose, “Data Mining Methods and Models”, Wile-Interscience, 2006.
Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Timetable Result
To get instant updates like us in Facebook