Wednesday, June 27, 2012
CE 2036 ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECTS -B.E. CIVIL ENGINEERING SEMESTER-VII-ELECTIVE – III SYLLABUS- ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI- AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS R - 2008
ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI-
R - 2008
-B.E. CIVIL ENGINEERING
ELECTIVE – III
CE 2036 ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECTS L T P C
3 0 0 3
This subject deals with the various impacts of infrastructure projects on the components of environment and method of assessing the impact and mitigating the same.
The student is expected to know about the various impacts of development projects on environment and the mitigating measures.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 8
Impact of development projects under Civil Engineering on environment - Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) - Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) – EIA capability and limitations – Legal provisions on EIA
UNIT II METHODOLOGIES 9
Methods of EIA –Check lists – Matrices – Networks – Cost-benefit analysis – Analysis of alternatives
UNIT III PREDICTION AND ASSESSMENT 9
Assessment of Impact on land, water and air, noise, social, cultural flora and fauna; Mathematical models; public participation – Rapid EIA
UNIT IV ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PLAN 9
Plan for mitigation of adverse impact on environment – options for mitigation of impact on water, air and land, flora and fauna; Addressing the issues related to the Project Affected People – ISO
UNIT V CASE STUDIES 10
EIA for infrastructure projects – Bridges – Stadium – Highways – Dams – Multi-storey Buildings
– Water Supply and Drainage Projects
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Canter, R.L., "Environmental Impact Assessment", McGraw-Hill Inc., New Delhi, 1996.
2. Shukla, S.K. and Srivastava, P.R., "Concepts in Environmental Impact Analysis", Common Wealth Publishers, New Delhi, 1992.
1. John G. Rau and David C Hooten (Ed)., "Environmental Impact Analysis Handbook", McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1990.
2. "Environmental Assessment Source book", Vol. I, II & III. The World Bank, Washington, D.C., 1991.
3. Judith Petts, "Handbook of Environmental Impact Assessment Vol. I & II", Blackwell
Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Timetable Result
To get instant updates like us in Facebook