CE 2031 WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING-B.E. CIVIL ENGINEERING SEMESTER-VII-ELECTIVE – II SYLLABUS- ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI- AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS R - 2008
ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI-
R - 2008
-B.E. CIVIL ENGINEERING
ELECTIVE – II
CE 2031 WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING L T P C
3 0 0 3
The student is exposed to the different phases in Water Resources viz planning, collection of relevant data on water resources and also on National Water Policy. Reservoir planning, management and economic analysis aspects are covered in detail.
UNIT I GENERAL 9
Water resources survey – Water resources of India and Tamilnadu – Description of water resources planning – Economics of water resources planning, physical and socio economic data
– National Water Policy – Collection of meteorological and hydrological data for water resources
UNIT II NETWORK DESIGN 9
Hydrologic measurements – Analysis of hydrologic data – Hydrologic station network – Station network design – Statistical techniques in network design.
UNIT III WATER RESOURCE NEEDS 9
Consumptive and non-consumptive water use - Estimation of water requirements for irrigation, for drinking and navigation - Water characteristics and quality – Scope and aims of master plan
- Concept of basin as a unit for development - Water budget and development plan.
UNIT IV RESERVOIR PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT 9
Reservoir - Single and multipurpose – Multi objective - Fixation of Storage capacity -Strategies for reservoir operation - Sedimentation of reservoirs - Design flood-levees and flood walls - Channel improvement.
UNIT V ECONOMIC ANALYSIS 9
Estimation of cost and Evaluation of Benefits - Discount rate - Discounting factors - Discounting techniques – Computer Applications.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
1. Linsley R.K. and Franzini J.B, "Water Resources Engineering", McGraw-Hill Inc, 2000.
2. Douglas J.L. and Lee R.R., "Economics of Water Resources Planning", Tata McGraw- Hill Inc. 2000.
3. Duggal, K.N. and Soni, J.P., "Elements of Water Resources Engineering", New Age
1. Chaturvedi M.C., "Water Resources Systems Planning and Management", Tata
McGraw-Hill Inc., New Delhi, 1997.
2. Goodman Alvin S., "Principles of Water Resources Planning", Prentice-Hall, 1984.
3. Maass et al. Design of Water Resources Systems, Macmillan, 1968.
Anna University Revaluation Results
To get instant updates like us in Facebook