EC2404 ELECTRONICS SYSTEM DESIGN LAB L T P C
0 0 3 2
1. Design of a 4-20mA transmitter for a bridge type transducer.
Design the Instrumentation amplifier with the bridge type transducer (Thermistor
or any resistance variation transducers) and convert the amplified voltage from
the instrumentation amplifier to 4 – 20 mA current using op-amp. Plot the
variation of the temperature Vs output current.
2. Design of AC/DC voltage regulator using SCR
Design a phase controlled voltage regulator using full wave rectifier and SCR,
vary the conduction angle and plot the output voltage.
3. Design of process control timer
Design a sequential timer to switch on & off at least 3 relays in a particular
sequence using timer IC.
4. Design of AM / FM modulator / demodulator
i. Design AM signal using multiplier IC for the given carrier frequency and
modulation index and demodulate the AM signal using envelope detector.
ii. Design FM signal using VCO IC NE566 for the given carrier frequency and
demodulate the same using PLL NE 565.
5. Design of Wireless data modem.
Design a FSK modulator using 555/XR 2206 and convert it to sine wave using
filter and transmit the same using IR LED and demodulate the same PLL NE
6. PCB layout design using CAD
Drawing the schematic of simple electronic circuit and design of PCB layout
7. Microcontroller based systems design
Design of microcontroller based system for simple applications like security
systems combination lock.
8. DSP based system design
Design a DSP based system for echo cancellation, using TMS/ADSP DSP kit.
9. Psuedo-random Sequence Generator
10. Arithmetic Logic Unit Design
Note: Kits should not be used. Instead each experiment may be given as mini project.
TOTAL= 45 PERIODS
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS:
1) Dual Power supply ±15V
Temperature Measurement Transducer
2) Power Supply (for IC 555)
3) System with ARCAD Software
4) TMS320C5416 (with CCS) and system, speaker
5) 8051 based Trainer kit, and system with interfaces like ADC, DAC, Keyboard and
6) CRO – 5
7) Function Generator – 5
8) Regulated Power supply – [0-30V)-10, 5V-2
9) Transistors and Diodes – 2N3055, BFW10, BC547, BT012, IN4007, CED, SL100
10) ICs – IC741, IC7414, IC555, IC7805, IC7474, IC7107
11) Resistors –5.6K, 56K, 9K, 22K, 100K, 27Ώ
12) Capacitors – 0.1μf, 100μf, 50μf, 10nf,47nf
13)8Ώ Speaker14) TSOP