EC2302 DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSINGL T P C
3 1 0 4
UNIT I DISCRETE FOURIER TRANSFORM 9
DFT and its properties, Relation between DTFT and DFT, FFT computations using
Decimation in time and Decimation in frequency algorithms, Overlap-add and save
UNIT II INFINITE IMPULSE RESPONSE DIGITAL FILTERS: 9
Review of design of analogue Butterworth and Chebyshev Filters, Frequency
transformation in analogue domain – Design of IIR digital filters using impulse invariance
technique – Design of digital filters using bilinear transform – pre warping – Realization
using direct, cascade and parallel forms.
UNIT III FINITE IMPULSE RESPONSE DIGITAL FILTERS 9
Symmetric and Antisymmetric FIR filters – Linear phase FIR filters – Design using
Hamming, Hanning and Blackmann Windows – Frequency sampling method –
Realization of FIR filters – Transversal, Linear phase and Polyphase structures.
UNIT IV FINITE WORD LENGTH EFFECTS 9
Fixed point and floating point number representations – Comparison – Truncation and
Rounding errors - Quantization noise – derivation for quantization noise power –
coefficient quantization error – Product quantization error - Overflow error – Roundoff
noise power - limit cycle oscillations due to product roundoff and overflow errors - signal
UNIT V MULTIRATE SIGNAL PROCESSING 9
Introduction to Multirate signal processing-Decimation-Interpolation-Polyphase
implementation of FIR filters for interpolator and decimator -Multistage implementation of
sampling rate conversion- Design of narrow band filters - Applications of Multirate signal
L: 45, T: 15, TOTAL= 60 PERIODS
1. John G Proakis and Manolakis, “ Digital Signal Processing Principles, Algorithms
and Applications”, Pearson, Fourth Edition, 2007.
2. S.Salivahanan, A. Vallavaraj, C. Gnanapriya, Digital Signal Processing,
TMH/McGraw Hill International, 2007
1. E.C. Ifeachor and B.W. Jervis, “ Digital signal processing – A practical approach”,
Second edition, Pearson, 2002.
2. S.K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing, A Computer Based approach, Tata McGraw
3. P.P.Vaidyanathan, Multirate Systems & Filter Banks, Prentice Hall, Englewood
cliffs, NJ, 1993.
4. Johny R. Johnson, Introduction to Digital Signal Processing, PHI, 2006.